Disclosure: Some of the links on this site are affiliate links, meaning that if you click on one of the links and purchase an item, I may receive a commission. All opinions however are my own.
GoDaddy does many things right, but it doesn't mean that all is good with the platform. They do have any fault other than being expensive.
At GoDaddy, you don't ever get some free credits or other offers, and most users seem not pleased with this. If you want to enhance your business, a change might be the way to go forward.
That is why we talk about some of the best alternatives to GoDaddy hosting that you can invest in for your business.
Before we get all caught up in GoDaddy's negative aspects and see the positive side of its alternatives, we will take a look at GoDaddy features.
GoDaddy is one of the biggest registrars of domain names. We all know they are quite popular in the market. Their web hosting services are pretty good too.
You get dedicated hosting, VPS, and shared hosting on GoDaddy and services are accessible to both Windows and Linux.
Other than that of course, we get all the fancy things that GoDaddy announces via its creative advertisements.
- GoDaddy is different from many other hosts as it varies its prices according to the visitors and not bandwidth. This will especially please the beginners as they are bound to get low traffic initially.
- One thing that you should keep in mind is that SSL certificates are free but only for the top-level plans.
- You will find the famous cPanel for all the servers in shared hosting and even Linux ones too, while Windows servers have Plesk in place.
- Disk space is good enough, and you should not worry about it but it is not unlimited as generally is the case. Though as you go up the plans with prices increasing, you are bound to get unlimited ones too.
- Customer support is quite good, and you will get access to get to the support staff at any time of the day or night. The methods to contact are usual ones, including e-mail, call, and chat.
- Backup and restore options are present too. You will get automatic backups with shared hosting plans. However, have to get an add-on for others.
Top Alternatives & Competitors to GoDaddy
WPX Hosting is one of the popular WordPress managed to host services. Started as a Traffic Planet Hosting service, it has changed quite a bit over the years.
If you aim to get a hassle-free experience, you should try this one out. WPX Hosting is very with an e-commerce website and can handle the variable traffic with ease.
Many big e-commerce sites and online stores use this platform which makes WPX Hosting as the top alternatives for GoDaddy hosting.
WPX Hosting Features:
Get WPX Hosting
- WPX Hosting gives you the option of a free migration with certain limits depending on your chosen plan.
- As it is easy to use for beginners, it does have issues for more advanced developers. They don’t get every feature due to the simple layout making it a problem.
- You will also get free SSL certificates and can activate them as per your convenience.
- You also get the options to add e-mails, and the management system is also not that hard to understand.
- DDoS protection is the main point in the security section, and the timely inspections are also helpful.
- Price is not too high, and when you compare with other services, it comes out right and less expensive.
Read: WPX Hosting Vs WPEngine- Which is a Better WordPress Hosting?
A2 Hosting came into the market in 2002 and has been one of the fastest hosting services from that time.
It has optimized its platform for WordPress hosting. As a result, they now have over five hundred thousand websites working on their brand.
A2 Hosting Features:
Get A2 Hosting
- A2 Hosting is much faster than some of its competitors. They do claim to optimize their platform for a 20 times increase in speed.
- A plugin called Hack Scan Firewall is also added to the pack for you, and you will be amazed at how well this add-on works. This offers basic security to your website.
- You will get all the features and extended options required by a seasonal developer to get the work done.
- You also have the option of getting free SSL certificates on A2 Hosting.
- Three major plans are classified according to the need of the user. Lite Plan offers you single website support. Both other programs offer users unlimited resources.
- You will get a timely response from the support staff of the A2 Hosting via tickets.
Read: A2Hosting Black Friday Deals & Cyber Monday Discounts
FastComet did start as an ordinary service provided by a newish company, but over the years, they have been able to make their brand bigger.
The reason behind the growth has been constant improvement and good uptime of websites on their platform.
- Content Delivery Network or CDN is available for free so that your website can load up from many servers quickly.
- You will get one of the most popular control panel parent in the WordPress website i.e., cPanel. It does take a little time to get used to it.
- FastComet guarantees you 100% uptime. They do deliver on their promise, and your website will load up from other servers if there’s a problem in one.
- Recovery is also very smooth in case you find your website getting hacked or any other issue taking it down.
- Talking about servers, you do get multiple options to choose from the list. There are eight significant servers that you can choose based on your audience.
- Customer support is fantastic in case you want any of your issues resolved. You are also supported if you’re going to make any particular changes to your website.
- You also get SSL certificates that too free of cost.
Read: 5 Best & Cheapest FastComet Alternatives
When looking for an alternative, one of the options to replace your current service should be InMotion Hosting. This platform is suitable for you even if the traffic is low or at an all-time high.
InMotion Hosting Features:
Get InMotion Hosting
- You will get free of charge transfer of your website. So there’s no added burden when you decide to change the platform you want to be on.
- The best freebie that you can get on any platform is available on InMotion Hosting. You will get $250 worth of advertising credits.
- You will also get the benefit of having quite a stable connection both in terms of reliability and dependability. The interface will remain smooth irrespective of the number of websites being hosted.
- The integration settings are top-notch in InMotion Hosting as you will have access to any business application that you want. Also, you will have Google Apps that you can integrate.
- Additional benefits like having 90 days money back policy will also make it easier for you to try this company.
- You also get adequate customer support from the support team present to make your worries go away.
- The main packages are divided into three categories. They are Launch Package, Power Package, and Pro Package, and you can choose anyone depending upon your necessities.
BlueHost is the service for you, especially if you are at an intermediate stage of your business.
You get benefits like 100 million visits, even in the base packs. This is one of the best alternate options that you could find for FastComet.
- Migration is straightforward and can be done by beginners quickly. Other first time management options are also designed well.
- You can also change the modes of hosting easily with options present on the control panel.
- Advanced CDN is present to take care of your security, and you can also use features such as SiteLock. These are also beneficial in getting rid of any blocks.
- BlueHost is an expensive service as you tend to get more flexibility and features even on the most basic packs. Overall, the money is worth it if you know what you are in for.
- After spending money, you can be sure that you will get the best of everything, including having the best support from the expert team.
- If you are at an advanced level of being a developer, you can feel the platform’s lack of features. But, most users will not notice much lack in any department.
Conclusion: 5 Best GoDaddy Alternatives
If you like making changes and believe that small changes make a big difference, then choose GoDaddy alternatives.
You don’t have to hate your current GoDaddy services to change to any of the aforementioned options. They will do a great job and potentially won’t have any blip in them that you often experience on GoDaddy.
But at the end of the day, if you are happy and satisfied with your GoDaddy services, then do not force yourself to change it.
Also Read: 10 Best GreenGeeks Alternatives Costs less than $10/mo