GoDaddy does many things right, but it doesn't mean that all is good with the platform. They do have any fault other than being expensive.
At GoDaddy, you don't ever get some free credits or other offers, and most users seem not pleased with this. If you want to enhance your business, a change might be the way to go forward.
That is why we talk about some of the best alternatives to GoDaddy hosting that you can invest in for your business.
Before we get all caught up in GoDaddy's negative aspects and see the positive side of its alternatives, we will take a look at GoDaddy features.
GoDaddy is one of the biggest registrars of domain names. We all know they are quite popular in the market. Their web hosting services are pretty good too.
You get dedicated hosting, VPS, and shared hosting on GoDaddy and services are accessible to both Windows and Linux.
Other than that of course, we get all the fancy things that GoDaddy announces via its creative advertisements.
- GoDaddy is different from many other hosts as it varies its prices according to the visitors and not bandwidth. This will especially please the beginners as they are bound to get low traffic initially.
- One thing that you should keep in mind is that SSL certificates are free but only for the top-level plans.
- You will find the famous cPanel for all the servers in shared hosting and even Linux ones too, while Windows servers have Plesk in place.
- Disk space is good enough, and you should not worry about it but it is not unlimited as generally is the case. Though as you go up the plans with prices increasing, you are bound to get unlimited ones too.
- Customer support is quite good, and you will get access to get to the support staff at any time of the day or night. The methods to contact are usual ones, including e-mail, call, and chat.
- Backup and restore options are present too. You will get automatic backups with shared hosting plans. However, have to get an add-on for others.