The users of the Linode service are generally satisfied, but the company does have some irks that could be challenging. If you are looking for a change, we have a list of few reputed Linode alternatives that will capture your mind.
Linode is an American company that helps you set up your virtual private servers. They have been active in the last two decades and have been moderately popular among users and developers.
Though it generally didn’t have any major issues in the last five years, but 40,000 bitcoins were stolen back in 2012 in a serious security breach.
But first, let’s take a look at Linode in detail.
Linode plans are interactive and give access to developers to the Linux command line on cloud hosting plans and VPS. They provide users with only Linux based servers, making them unique to a certain extent.
Linode is popular due to the control it gives to its users, so they can run their own virtual web servers.
Salient Featured offered by Linode:
- It allows you to choose data centers between six locations including London, Tokyo, California, Georgia, New Jersey, and Texas. You can download test files to choose the best server location.
- Linode has three standard types of cloud hosting plans namely, Standard VPS hosting plans, dedicated CPUs, and high memory data.
- Any plan you choose to have will come with an Intel E5 processor, SSH access, Solid State Drives (SSD), 40 Gbps network speed, and root access.
- Backups are optional, and so are cPanel and WHM licenses. If you want to have these features, you have to pay extra, as they are not included in any plan for free.
- Linode gives you a 99% uptime guarantee and you can claim the credit in case the service is down for a particular time.
- For any technical issue, you can contact the technical support team and get it resolved. The Linode Library is the place to be if you find yourself confused with anything. All your queries will be solved by the knowledgeable user community.
Read: Linode Review
Here are some of the best Linode alternatives that you should look at: