In the realm of SEO, Ahrefs is one of the most famous tools used by many SEO marketers. No doubt, Ahrefs is a perfect tool for an SEO guy or a smart marketer. But some might think it’s too expensive and are looking for cheaper/free alternatives. Some others might want different features and benefits. In this post, we will discuss the best alternatives to Ahrefs available.
SEMrush is a SaaS (software as a service) platform. Started in 2008, today it has more than 3 million users and is renowned as one of the international leaders in the field of SEO alongside brands such as Moz, Ahref, and others.
Over time it has evolved from a simple platform for SEO analysis to a rather complete and constantly evolving web marketing suite. Today it integrates social media marketing, research, advertising, team management and much more.
The primary purpose however remains the seo audit and all related functions, the rest serves as a side dish for those with a tight budget and cannot afford to spend on additional platforms. SEMrush has an incredible amount of functions, thanks to this tool we can:
- Analyze domains, competitors, and do advanced keyword research Study the advertisements of others in search campaigns, displays, pla Analyze the cost of keywords and spy on ads and landing pages
- Analyze the contents of competitors and get advice on how to beat them Manage and find new backlinks
- Schedule content on social media and track results
- Create advanced automatic reports to send to customers or managers Manage teams and marketing campaigns with tasks and to-do lists… and dozens of microtools and secondary functions
2. Moz Pro
Moz Pro offers a complete set of SEO tools that helps improve search engine rankings and visibility. Use proven SEO metrics such as Domain Authority and Page Authority that provide quality data to do the job more effectively.
The program helps companies and individuals save time by simplifying workflows and dividing data for better strategy analysis and formulation. The system automatically analyzes site errors, SEO opportunities and provides usable insights, which allow users to customize their content and design accordingly. Keeps users updated on the situation using various tools such as auditing and assigns priorities to each based on their needs.
The complete set of tools simplifies complex analysis so that users can focus more on services rather than spending most of their time analyzing and solving problems.
MOZ PRO – FEATURES
- Site audit: scan your site, discover SEO technical problems and you will receive suggestions and corrections to make to your site
- Rank Detection: Track the performance of hundreds (or thousands) of your keywords driving traffic on over 170 search engines
- Backlink analysis: view metrics on any site in seconds, including anchor text and domain authority
- Keyword Research: Discover thousands of keywords to target along with keyword difficulty scores, competition research, and SERP analysis
- Identify your weaknesses: easily add, manage and create keyword lists in one place. Classify, prioritize and compare keywords and phrases to optimize your strategy and content
- Compare visibility on mobile and desktop devices: customers have different search behaviors on desktops than on mobile devices: compare and optimize both with this program. Track desktop rankings on major search engines in over 200 countries
- Fast Site Scan: The solution quickly scans large sites and tracks new and recurring problems over time. The colored graphs show the breakdown of the categories of problems, the new numbers, and the total numbers; allowing you to easily discover trends, opportunities and inform people about the overall SEO performance of the site.
BuzzSumo is a social media monitoring tool, that is, in part it can be used for free, useful for monitoring keywords, competitors and trends. Once you have selected the topic of interest, you will get what has been most discussed and shared in recent months by the online community. You can track conversations on the web and analyze your brand reputation or take cues from the main influencers to create your next successful content.
In addition, the list of results obtained shows only the first five and to access the complete one, you need to switch to the paid service. However, I won’t miss the opportunity to point out the possibility to try it for free for 14 days.
Buzzsumo at a glance
PROS: As social media monitoring tools free, BuzzSumo is a tool that can quickly provide a very detailed overview of the conversations that took place online on a certain topic. It is versatile, considering the multiple uses that can be made of it and the interface is intuitive and pleasant. Another plus point is the ability to interact with influencers.
CONS: compared to Talkwalker, it has many more paid features, also being this tool of English origin, despite the setting of the filters for the desired language, the results are not always so accurate.
SEO PowerSuite is a set of valuable and feature-rich SEO tools that cover most of the operational needs of an SEO consultant.
If you are considering purchasing the paid version, this guide and review can be very useful since we see the main features of its 4 software and what they can support us in carrying out our SEO services.
Introduction to SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite consists of 4 cross-platform desktop software (run on Windows, Mac, and Linux) to be used on the desk (by installing them on your PC or on VPS):
- Rank Tracker
- WebSite Auditor
- SEO SpyGlass
More about SEO PowerSuite
All the software are freemium and include a limited free version which, however, allows access to multiple features and without any time limit
Simple to use and effective, SEO PowerSuite is an excellent SEO tool with the best value for money on the market (the Rank Tracker alone is well worth the price of the whole suite).
5. Majestic SEO
A site that wants to appear in the top places of search engines cannot ignore having a quality backlink.
This means that the search engines not only take into account the quality and the stylistic level present on the website in question but above all they calculate the level of authority they have in their specific sector. To have excellent Seo results it is essential to do an excellent link building job and to do it in the best way you need to analyze the backlink profile of a site. The best professionals who work in the SEO field know that it is important to analyze the competitors well and to do this they use various tools, among which one of the most valid is definitely Majestic SEO.
In particular, with the Majestic Site Explorer, it is possible to accurately analyze the backlinks of both your site and competitors.
The beauty of this tool is that it offers the professional to choose between two possibilities from the point of view of data analysis.
In fact, it can either collect the data that Majestic Seo has accumulated in its database in the last 90 days, or it can analyze the overall set of data.
In the first case, of course, the number of data is lower but it is decidedly more updated and in the second case it is exactly the opposite.
There are two types of metrics that Majestic SEO uses to analyze a site, namely Citation Flow and Trust Flow, which in a nutshell have the function of indicating the quantity and quality of the links received from the site.
These are very important aspects as they serve the professional to understand if whoever managed the site implemented SEO strategies appropriate to the project.
But a very important thing to underline is that these metrics are however related to a specific sector, in the sense that it is useless to compare the authoritativeness of your site with a mega portal like Wikipedia for example.
Instead, it is much more useful to analyze carefully the organic rivals, that is those sites that are on the front page with keywords similar to the sector or business you want to promote with your site: in this way, you will be able to fully understand what kind of you need authority to dominate the SERPs that interest you.
SearchEngineReports is among one of the top sites that are providing smart SEO tools. SER is the best alternative to Ahrefs as it is offering all the services free of cost with even better features and results. You can conduct an analysis of your own as well as of competitors’ sites on this amazing platform. The backlink checker tool of this website provides you a list of top 100 backlinks pointing at your domain. Plus, it also notifies you about the domain rating, the total number of do-follow links, no-follow links, referring domains and referring IP’s.
The top reasons for using this platform as an alternative to Ahrefs include:
- It doesn’t charge a penny for any service
- All tools provide 100% accurate results
- You don’t have to go through the registration process
- The results are displayed in a matter of seconds
- There is no restriction on the number of times you can use its tools in a day