For VPS users, it is an extra load on the pocket to purchase, install and use the cPanel web hosting control panel on their server. I will have to spend a handsome amount of bucks for a cPanel license (well, that’s a great purchase too.). But If I don’t need it very often (only at the time of initial setup of my website), I won’t like to spend 20$ per month just for a cPanel license where the cost of my VPS is just $10 or less. That’s why we are going to talk about some free cPanel alternatives today.
In this quest, I came to know a bunch of FREE cPanel alternatives that you can easily install on your VPS server through SSH access and flawlessly install WordPress or anything on it to make your website live. If you aren’t aware of the functions of SSH and Linux commands, you will hate a VPS server that does not have a cPanel
Starting a website on a VPS server is easy but when it comes to managing things behind a blog/website, it is very necessary that you’ve installed a competent control panel software so that you don’t have to use command line every time.
Using a cPanel or a FREE cPanel alternative you can gain access to
- the file storage directory using the web file manager module
- the email inbox using an email client like roundcube
- the SQL databases and tables meta using the phpmyadmin
- add/remove SQL databases, add/assign users to those databases
- park a domain on your server
- manage DNS server records by using DNS zone editor
- a free software installer like softaculous or zentastico to install WordPress, phpBB or anything else
Well, the basic needs to successfully manage a web server are
1. FileManager and FTP accounts (both are different)
2. Email client
4. DNS manager
5. AutoInstaller (WordPress)
6. Multiple Users
You can easily get access to these features with a FREE cPanel alternative. And for the same, we are going to compare the features of all the FREE cPanel alternatives.
List of Best free CPanel alternatives
Want to know about Webuzo Panel. Actually, it is a Free cPanel that I got preinstalled on a VPS slice in Interserver VPS hosting. It is powered by Softaculous which is a guarantee that you’ll be getting access to the softaculous installer to install any web software with a single click.
Read my Interserver VPS Hosting Review for more and details.