We all know how unimaginably vast the world of the internet is. To take part in the race of making your mark on the cyber world, it is very important to have a cloud server that enables you to access and deploy applications and data from anywhere in the world. In this Kamatera cloud hosting review, I will show you how I deployed a cloud server.
What is Kamatera?
You all must be familiar with the concept of Cloud Computing. Cloud Computing, an on-demand available computer system resource, is mainly about data storage and computing power.
There are plenty of companies across the world that focus on providing these direct management services but while talking about a few of the best ones, Kamatera performs a major role.
Working for more than 20 years, Kamatera has proved itself to be one of the leading companies that offer cloud hosting solutions.
Kamatera has been recognised as one of the pioneering companies of the VPS hosting industry because it was launched in the year 1996 and got its first VPS in 2002.
Kamatera is a Cloud infrastructure service provider that helps you in deploying, running and managing regular cloud servers. This platform promises infinite scalability along with excellent performance and availability at a reasonable price.
As long as other services are concerned, there is a range of products and solutions offered by Kamatera and some of them are:
- Cloud block storage
- Cloud private network
- Software licensing
- Managed cloud services
- Managed Microsoft services
- Cloud instructions and training
- One portal to control all servers
- Diagonal scaling
- Start-up solutions
- Web and app development
- Consultation and more
Features of Kamatera
Many might think about what is so special about Kamatera. Well, there are brilliant reasons that make this platform worth giving a chance. While working with Kamatera, you will be enticed by its awesome features. Read on to find them out.
- You can set-up a server within a minute
- Accessibility of cloud management, cloud storage, and server management
- Get uptime guarantee of 99.95%
- Continuous Backup scheduling and easy disaster recovery
- A lower cost of ownership
- Budget-friendly pricing
- Making monitoring and backups really simple
- There is no need to work with hardware for maintenance
- A quick scale switch as per the requirement
- Easy monitoring of supply & demand, email, CPU, server, and virtual machine
All these features make Kamatera a brilliant platform to work with when it comes to managing cloud, server, and much more. Yes, you can say these are the essence of the platform.
How to create a Server in Kamatera Cloud
- Click on the “CREATE SERVER” that will lead you to the login popup.
- Login via Google, Facebook, or Github. Now, to get started with the server, you need to submit your billing details such as address and phone number.
- Verify your phone through OTP and you will be taken to the billing profile to add your card details.
- Submit the information and you will be redirected to the server setting with your 30-days free trial pack.
- After submitting every detail, you will be taken straight to the server management. Click on the ‘Create New Server’ button to get started.
- It will take a few seconds to come to your zone selection process. Select the most suitable continent from the options: Asia, North America, Europe, and the Middle East. Thereafter, it will show you a few countries from which you need to select the most suitable one.
- Select the images option out of server OS images, Windows images, App images, Service images, and My Private images.
- As per your requirements, select Server Specs from TYPE, CPU, RAM, and SSD Disk #1. Enabled backup and managed to host.
- Further, finalize everything and click on the ‘create server’ option at the end of the page and your server will be added to the ‘Tasks Queue’ list.
- After everything is done, simply click on the dashboard and start working. This dashboard allows you to manage everything on your server. From reboots, backups, configuration, password and activities, you can manage basically everything through options available on the dashboard.
Pricing of Kamatera Cloud
Unlike any other cloud hosting provider, the pricing of Kamatera cloud is fully flexible and you can customize your server.
The price of your plan depends upon the vCPU processor, Operating System, RAM, Internet traffic, public IPs, SSD Storage, and add-ons.
Every resource on your server has its pricing and you can optimize the cost accordingly.
You can deploy a small cloud server for as low as 3.65$/month. (That too with an IPv4 address.)
This is one of the best features of Kamatera because the company does not restrict you to purchase one of the plans made by their team.
I am sure if you’re going to migrate your website to the cloud, you already know the amount of resources you need. In Kamatera, you can deploy a server with your custom configuration.
How to Deploy cPanel on Kamatera Cloud Server
You can directly install your favorite application or control panel without messing up with the SSH commands.
On the top of the list, you can see cPanel. cPanel does not have any additional cost when you deploy it with a Kamatera Server.
Let me show you how
Open your Kamatera Console and navigate to “My Cloud >> Create New App” from the left side navigation bar.
Choose the Zone and then the datacenter.
Choose cPanel and select the version of cPanel from the list on the right side. (The list will be visible only when you click on cPanel icon)
Choose the Server type, CPU size, system memory and the Disk. Make sure that you have Detailed view toggled on so that you can see a detailed pricing calculation.
Once you’re convinced with the pricing and application configuration, click the “Create Server” button.
Voila, the task added to the queue. Once the deployment is complete, it will show up in your dashboard.
Performance of Kamatera Cloud Hosting
While talking about performance, generally we focus more on the speed and reliability of the platform. It’s been a few months that I am using Kamatera for our unmanaged server and one thing is much appreciated for its speed.
While opening up or setting up something on your server, it provides excellent speed.
Another more amazing thing is that Kamatera keeps upgrading its hardware and infrastructure to help you stay upgraded.
Moreover, They not only allow you to move along with technological development but also give you an opportunity to have the fastest processing and response times on your server.
Kamatera’s marvellous performance is possible because of all the ten data centres spread throughout the world.
These data centres provide the best of their edge-cutting technologies with incredible brandwidth, guaranteed uptime, SSD hard drive, and Intel Platinum 8270 processors. When all these things work together, as a result, everything just turns out to be perfectly fine to handle unlimited traffic.
While working with any company, the most important thing that comes to our concern is security.
With Kamatera, it is better not to worry about this subject because, as per our experience, it has all the necessary security measures you require.
Kamatera is well-renowned for its high-security cloud infrastructure. Not only this, but the private cloud network that the company offers is also pretty amazing because it offers added restrictions to the data usage.
All this is done to ensure increased safety and security by keeping everything private and under control.
Nonetheless, if any unforeseen thing happens, its constant backup keeping function comes in handy to get every precious thing back in your hands.
Customer Support Service of Kamatera
In many ways, Kamatera is the best platform for users across the globe. Apart from its quick speed and entirely managed servers, what makes this platform incredible is its customer support system.
The support team of Kamatera is available 24/7 to work best for its customer by helping them through every step and solving their issues as and when required.
If you want to inquire about something small, the maximum information is already on the website under the ‘Support’ sub-topic on the menu.
Pros (Advantages of Kamatera Cloud)
- Great choice of servers from Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, to Windows, BSD and more.
- Kamatera offers great speed and answers everything within a few seconds.
- The cloud VPS is very easy to scale.
- Extremely supportable and skilled staff.
- It offers a 99.95% uptime guarantee for all its services.
- A wide range of configuration options available.
- No pre-configured plans. You make payment for what you want exactly.
- Excellent customer support service.
- Does not force you to stick to a plan as you pay for what you want for your cloud server.
- As compared to other companies, Kamatera provides a long free trial that lasts for 30 days, this one-month period is enough to understand your suitability.
- The price increases too much (about $50 per server) when you go for a managed server.
- If you think that cloud resources are reasonable at Kamatera then you are wrong. Comparatively, it is not cheap.
- There is no shared hosting available with Kamatera.
- The free trial provided by Kamatera requires your payment details. You need to submit your billing address, credit card details, and contact details to get started with the free trial.
My Opinion of Kamatera Cloud Hosting
No doubt, Kamartera is a fantastic platform to launch your cloud server but when it comes to its operation, this is not for a newbie.
In other words, there is a need to have optimum knowledge about how a cloud server works and what exactly you need to have.
This comprises CPU, RAM, Disk Space, etc because without understanding any of these, one may be lost at some point or the other. Apart from that, anyone who has knowledge and expertise in all these subjects, it would work as the best option to go for Kamatera.
Rest, the 30-days trial they offer is enough to let you know how amazing or not-so-satisfying it is. Also, nothing can be perfect when everything is under your control and with Kamatera, you can customize everything as per your requirement.
As aforementioned, Kamatera provides an incredible 30-days free trial. I think this period is enough to understand its services.
However, the only drawback is that you have to submit all the personal, billing and payment information before moving forward with the free-trial.
Not a big deal though.
As far as understanding the processing and usage of the programs are concerned, there is in-person training, frequent webinars, and live online sessions are available.
Comparing Kamatera with other platforms
We now know how informative and flexible the plans are in Kamatera but one thing is for sure, it is no different from any other platform.
What I mean to say is that Kamatera charges almost what other platforms charge. Although it gives you a right to choose specifications of your preference without restricting you to any pre-configured plans.
Where cloud platforms like CloudRanger have just online support systems, Kamatera has a 24/7 support system along with online assistance.
Besides that, other platforms offer documentations and tutorials for better guidance but with Kamatera, the team provides you with personal training that makes it brilliant for the newbies.
Final verdict on Kamatera Cloud Hosting Review
Kamatera has a lot to offer to its users may it be a number of cloud hosting and infrastructure solutions or management services. Not only is it an amazing platform for its services but also an amazing place to find everything in one place with great assistance and excellent customer services.
So, I found this a totally worth platform to lose your purse strings a little because everything here is just magnificent. Rest, try its 30-day trial pack and see if you agree with us or not.